Paragon Migrate OS To SSD 3.0 – One-Step Migration To Solid-State Drives
Migrate an installed Windows system, even Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012, to a GPT/uEFI configuration on a solid-state drive without interrupting the use of applications or having to restart the system.
Paragon Software Group (PSG), the leader in data backup, disaster recovery and data migration solutions, announces Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 3.0, a one-step tool to migrate Windows systems to faster solid-state drives (SSDs). This major upgrade allows users to perform system migration to a GPT/uEFI configuration directly under all versions of Windows from XP, onwards including Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. Users can continue working with applications during the migration process and are not required to restart the system. In addition, Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 3.0 now offers the option to build a WinPE bootable media to do migrations or fix various boot problems without installing the product.
As PC users seek to take advantage of SSDs’ better access time, read/write speeds, and resistance to physical shock from drops, the challenge becomes moving massive amounts of data, applications and the operating system from the existing hard drive to a smaller SSD. Paragon’s intuitive wizard simplifies the migration process, automatically downsizing the source system volume and providing intelligent selection of specific files when migrating to smaller-capacity drives, and auto-aligning copied system partitions – all without rebooting the system.
New features in Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 3.0:
- Support for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Separate installation packages for 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
- The option to build a WinPE bootable media to do migrations or to fix various boot problems without installing the product
- Restart-free installation
- Windows system migration to a GPT/uEFI configuration directly under Windows, without any work interruption or having to reboot
Key product features include:
- Migrates Windows to larger or smaller storage devices in a single operation
- Supports all Windows systems since XP, including Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012
- Migrates 64-bit Windows systems configured to the uEFI-based boot mode
- Automatically aligns partitions on the destination disk, if necessary
- Automatically detects and copies Microsoft Reserved Partition (MSR) for successful migrations of Windows 7
- Allows the user to exclude data during the process in order to fit to the destination disk
- Processes locked (in-use) disks with Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) to migrate without rebooting Windows
- Includes Paragon's time-proven move/resize functionality
- Guarantees safety for the system and data
Pricing & Availability:
Paragon Migrate OS to SSD 3.0 is available for $19.95 via download from http://www.paragon-software.com/technologies/components/migrate-OS-to-SSD/
SOURCE: Paragon Software Group (PSG)